Huge Web Static Content Server
What is Hugo?
“Hugo is a fast and modern static site generator written in Go, and designed to make website creation fun again.”
Hugo really is meant to be a fun and easy way to great static websites. However, not only is it fun and easy, it’s also secure.
How can it be so secure?
Hugo maintains its security as once you’re finished building your website which will ultimately consist of HTML and APIs, it will create a
hugo executable that the browser will be able to interpret but will be closed source. This also prevents people from tampering with the website. Additionally, it will lock down user-created components with read-only access.
Any dependencies that are used in your website will go through the go dependency check sum database
Some other benefits of Hugo
There are many benefits of using hugo, here are just a few:
- Lightening fast response times
- Cross platform (can be downloaded on MacOS, Windows and Linux)
- Allows for a “LIveReload” view when you’re altering your website so that you can see your changes without having to reload the server and your browser — similar to features that can be seen in some Web-dev IDE’s such as Brackets.
- Theme creation is very powerful in this instance, and fully customizable.
- Ease of access to hosting your site on platforms such as S3 or Azure or Google Cloud from the Command line.
- Automated RSS Feed creation
- Minutes to read functionality — similar to what can be found on medium.
- …. and much, much more!
I highly recommend giving hugo ago, the quickstart guide can be found here: https://gohugo.io/getting-started/quick-start/ and literally takes 5 minutes to get setup.